Summer isn’t the only time to have fun on Hilton Head Island! Many visitors book their trips to Hilton Head Island during the colder months. Roads, beaches, and bike paths aren’t nearly as busy, restaurants don’t have a 2 hour wait, it’s not 100 degrees (the coldest it will get is around 50 degrees), there’s still plenty of outdoor activities that are accessible year-round, and well, let’s be honest… Being by the beach is enjoyable any time of year! (Especially on Hilton Head Island.)
Here’s a list of the recurring weekly events in Bluffton &
on Hilton Head Island this September & October:
- Farmers Market Tuesdays from 9am-1pm at the Coastal Discovery Museum on Hilton Head & Thursdays from 12-5pm on Calhoun Street in Bluffton.
- Lowcountry Made’s newest artisan market — the Bluffton Night Bazaar — will be held in the courtyard of Burnt Church Distillery. Featuring local artisans, live music, food and drink, and a good time.
When? October-December. The first Thursday of each month from 5-8pm.
- The Lowcountry Made Bluffton Market is an artisan market located at Buckwalter Place Park in Bluffton that features local makers, live music, food and drink, and more.
When? (Every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month) September 3 & 17th of this month from 9am-1pm.
Non-recurring Events Happening this
September & October:
- Hilton Head Island Shrimp Festival is a family-friendly event featuring: savory shrimp dishes prepared by 18 Hilton Head-area chefs (while supplies last); craft beers from more than 14 breweries (while supplies last); an array of goods offered by specialty vendors; live music performances by local rock band Groove Town Assault; and an activity-filled “Kid Zone” with a bounce house, face painting, arts & crafts and more!
When? From 1 to 4pm on Saturday, September 24 on the lawn adjacent to the Liberty Oak in Harbour Town at The Sea Pines Resort.
- Harbour Town Fall Fest- enjoy the splendor of Harbour Town – and some great deals – at the Harbour Town Fall Fest. Festivities include a Harbour Town Shops sidewalk sale, local favorite Deas-Guyz performing a mix of music; nautical activities, including watersports, tours and boat rides; dining on the harbour; and children’s activities. The Carolina Dreamers Car Club will have a selection of classic cars on display.
When? This year’s Harbour Town Fall Fest will be held on Sunday, September 25th from 11am-6pm in Harbour Town at The Sea Pines Resort.
- Blufftemberfest Sunset Party– Monthly family-friendly summer sundown parties at Oyster Factory Park in downtown Bluffton, with live music, food, and craft and other beers.
When? September 24 from 3-8pm. More details
- Bluffton Boiled Peanut Festival– Annual peanut-themed food festival in downtown Bluffton, with cook-off, costume contest and more.
When? September 24 from 12-6pm. More details
- Coligny’s Rock & Ribs two days of World-class BBQ and Rock ‘n Roll in Coligny on Hilton Head Island. From a Celebrity Chef dinner and private concert from Grammy award-winning Angie Aparo, to the main tasting with headliner Blues Traveler, or Pitmaster Ocean Olympics, this event in its inaugural year has something for every level of BBQ connoisseur.
When? October 14-15th from 1-4pm. Rock N Ribs | The Experience (rocknribshhi.com)
- Bluffton Arts & Seafood Festival is a weeklong event offering a myriad of activities, showcasing the locally harvested seafood, delicious Lowcountry cuisine, rich history, culture and art of the area and Southern hospitality found only in Bluffton.
When? October 15th-23rd in downtown Bluffton. The weeklong event will have different activities held at different times, here’s the schedule:
- The 12th Annual Italian Heritage Festival- A number of booths will be dedicated to traditional Italian foods, such as cheeses, breads, pasta, fish, meatballs, sausage and calzones, and delicious sweets, including Italian ice, gelato, biscotti and zeppolis – many sponsored by local restaurants. The Festival will offer a full slate of activities for locals, visitors, and kids.
When? October 22nd from 11am-4pm at The Coastal Discovery Museum at Honey Horn on Hilton Head Island.
If you’d like more information on things to do while you’re visiting the Lowcountry or would like to learn about real estate opportunities here on Hilton Head Island & Bluffton, SC, give Colleen Sullivan a call at 843.338.1708.